At HDH we offer New, Faster and Effective Ways To Treat Your Hemorrhoids!
No more suffering in silence! Dr. Sinha is here to help you, don't suffer from hemorrhoids any longer. More than 10 million people in the United States suffer from hemorrhoids. Three out of four people will develop hemorrhoids at some time in their lives. While many people assoiciate hemorrhoids with painful surgery, only a small percentage of patients actually require surgery.
Dr. Sinha was the first gastroeneterologist in Hunterdon County to implement infrared cauterization and O'Regan Banding System. At Hunterdon Digestive Health we offer all three hemorrhoidal treatments. We customize treatment based upon your individual needs.
- Very Effective with more than 90% Success Rate
- Minimal to NO Pain!
- No Sedation required
- Quick and be completed within a few minutes!
- Drive in and Drive out yourself
- Generally no bowel prep is required
- Minimally Invasive
- Covered by Most Insurances
- Non Procedural - which includes medication therapy with prescription strength products based on your needs and severity of symptoms such as topical creams, suppositories
- CRH O'Regan - is the "Gold Standard" for banding and has a less than 1% complication rate. Average procedure time is less than 60 seconds! Dr. Sinha will place a tiny rubber band around the base of the hemorrhoid. The banded tissue then shrinks and falls off within day or so, usually without you noticing. And thats it. Once the hemorrhoid is treated, so are your symptoms!
- IRC (Infrared Coagulation) - Refered to by many as laser treatment. IRC has quickly become the most widely used office treatment for hemorrhoids and is preferred over other methods because it is fast, well-tolerated by patients, and virtually problem-free. A small probe contacts the area above the hemorrhoid, exposing the tissue to a burst of infrared light for about one second. This coagulates the veins above the hemorrhoid causing it to shrink and recede.
- HET (Hemorrhoid Energy Therapy) - Generally combined with sigmoidoscopy (clickable) under sedation, however is typically , this technique involves the use of gentle tissue compression and heat by using a safe energy form of radiofrequency. Takes 8-12 seconds on average to treat one hemorrhoid. All hemorrhoids can be treated in one visit. Results in rapid recovery.
What are hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are a collection of blood vessels in the lower rectum. Hemorrhoids typically cause symtpoms when they enlarge.
What causes hemorrhoids?
- Chronic Constipation
- Faulty bowel funciton due to overuse of laxatives or enemas; straining during bowel movements
- Spending long periods of time (e.g. reading) on the toilet
What are common symptoms of hemorrhoids?
- Bleeding during bowel movements
- Protrusion during bowel movements
- Itching in the anal area
- Sensitive lump(s)
How is it diagnosed?
Dr. Sinha, a specialist, trained gastroenterology is familiar with the signs of hemorrhoids. A physical examination, including a rectal exam performed in either one of the Hunterdon Digestive Health offices, may be enough to confirm the presence of hemorrhoids. To find any internal hemorrhoids, Dr. Sinha can use an anoscope, a short tube with a camera on the end, to examine your lower rectum and anal canal.
What happens if symptomatic hemorrhoids are left untreated?
Chronic prolonged exposure to symptomatic hemorrhoids may result in further advancement of the desase. While symptoms alone can have a significant effect on a persons quality of life, advanced hemorrhoid disease may lead to serious complications and require a very painful surgery. Furthermore, some people experience hemorrhoid-like symptoms when they actually have a more serious underlying gastrointestinal condition. Your physician may recommend you to have a colon cancer screening, or colonoscopy to rule out other potential sources of bleeding, before treating hemorrhoids.
You are not alone. Never be embarrassed to discuss your concerns. "At HDH advanced services are made personal".
***See our Colon Cancer Screening and Prevention to learn more
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The information on this website is to provide general guidance. In no way does any of the information provided reflect definitive medical advice and self diagnoses should not be made based on information obtained online. It is important to consult a best in class gastroenterologist regarding ANY and ALL symptoms or signs as it may a sign of a serious illness or condition. A thorough consultation and examination should ALWAYS be performed for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. Be sure to call a physician or call our office today and schedule a consultation.