Dr. Anubha Sinha
Gastroenterologist in Flemington & Henderson, NJHunterdon Digestive Health Specialists
Dr. Anubha Sinha completed her Internal Medicine residency at Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia and three year fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology from the University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital, New York. She has had advanced training by the American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society at Temple University in Philadelphia, where she was trained in various motility disorders of the esophagus, small bowel, and colon.
Dr. Sinha is board certified in both Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, performing various endoscopic procedures with advance training in Barrx (Barrett’s esophagus)and various hemorrhoidal treatments (HET, Banding, and IRC),and Capsule Endoscopy. Dr. Sinha provides care for all patients with gastrointestinal disorders with special interest in Celiac Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Reflux, and expertise in women’s health issues. She is a strong advocate for colon cancer screening and overall good digestive health.
She became medical director of The Hunterdon Reflux and Motility Center in 2014. The Center offers testing that includes: Esophageal Manometry, pH Impedance, and Bravo testing. Dr. Sinha has privileges at Hunterdon Medical Center, Flemington, NJ and at RWJ-Somerset Medical Center, Somerville, NJ. She is an attending at Hunterdon Medical Center where she continues to be involved in teaching students and medical residents. Dr. Sinha serves on various committees at Hunterdon Medical Center. She offers office consultations and endoscopic procedures at our two facilities located in Flemington and Hillsborough.
Dr. Sinha is married with two children. She is fluent in both Hindi and English. She is actively involved in volunteering at her local church and women centers. While not involved in patient care, she enjoys reading, gardening, and bike rides with her children.
- Hunterdon Healthcare opens special testing center for reflux
- Hunterdon Medical Center sponsors Colossal Colon during health fair
The amount of experience your doctor has treating certain conditions is an excellent indicator of results. In other words, the more experience the better the results. According to the American Society for Gastroentestinal Endoscopy, a physician should perform at least 100 colonoscopies annually. Dr. Sinha performs well over this criterion annually as we continue to pride ourselves on offering the best care available to our patients. Annually, Dr. Sinha provides care for many people with digestive disorders and conditions including hepatitis, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, abdominal pain, celiac disease, reflux disease and esophageal disorders.
Dr. Sinha’s outstanding care for patients led her to be named the medical director of The Hunterdon Reflux and Motility Center in 2014. This center offers testing such as Esophageal Manometry, pH Impedance, and Bravo. Dr. Sinha has privileges at Hunterdon Medical Center, Flemington, NJ and at RWJ-Somerset Medical Center, Somerville, NJ. She is also honored to be an attending at Hunterdon Medical Center where she continues to be involved in teaching students and medical residents.
Education and Certifications:
- Board certified in BOTH gastroenterology and internal medicine
- Active member of the American Gastroenterology Association (AGA), American College of Gastroenterology, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), and American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society (ANMS)
- Dr. Sinha was the first female doctor to be accepted for an advanced training fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, New York
- Completed her medical degree from Ross University School of Medicine
- Finished three year internal medicine residency at Medical College of Pennsylvania, Hahnemann University of Pennsylvania
- Fulfilled a specialized reflux and motility disorder fellowship at Temple University
- Founder and director of Hunderton Digestive Health
Research: Bile Acid transport and effects of Nitric Oxide in normal and chronic intestinal inflammation under Dr. Uma Sundaram (NH Sponsored Laboratory)
- Sinha, Anubha, MD; DeCross, Arthur, MD; Nazareth, Michelle, MD; Ryan, Charlotte, MD; And Sundaram, Uma, MD; Adult onset Appendicitis: Colonoscopy should be part of the routine evaluation in the early post-operative period; American Journal of Gastroenterology, Vol 97 No 9 September 2002.
~Article published in Practical Gastroenterology, March 2004, Vol.XXVIII No. 3
- Sinha, Anubha, MD; Nazareth, Michelle, MD; Shah, Ashok, MD; Erturk, Etal, MD; And Sundaram, Uma, MD; Successful Endoscopic Therapy of Bouveret’s Syndrome using Holmium Laser Lithotripsy; American Journal of Gastroenterology, Vol 97 No.9 September2002
~Article published in Practical Gastroenterology, August 2004 Vol. XXVIII No. 8
Esther Muchomba, AGPCNP-BC
Esther Muchomba, AGPCNP-BC, is a board certified Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner specializing in gastroenterology.
NP Muchomba holds a bachelor of science degree in nursing from Trinity Western University and a master of science degree from New York University. Prior to joining Hunterdon Digestive Health Specialist, she worked at Murray Hill Medical Group as a GI nurse practitioner and at the Visiting Nurse Service of New York as a registered nurse and certified case manager.
Anne Repka, Office Manager
Mary Daley, Office Coordinator
Jennifer Herbstritt, Physician Assistant
Jennifer Herbstritt graduated from the Pennsylvania State University in May 2003 earning Bachelor of Science degrees in Life Sciences and Psychology. Thereafter, she earned a Masters in Health Sciences from the Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania in May 2005. She worked as an Internal Medicine Physician Assistant at Centre Medical and Surgical Associates in State College, PA and taught as an Adjunct Instructor at Rutgers University in the Kinesiology Department and at Middlesex County College in the Biology Department before joining our practice as a Physician Assistant. Jen loves to write and has written two books, Leaving Virginia, about a bike ride she took across the country following the death of her older brother, and Watermelon Bubblegum.